The company is the global leader in broker-neutral algorithmic trading platforms and rules-based order-management and execution systems for equities, foreign exchange and listed derivatives.
A pioneer in the field, they introduced the first trading system that allowed clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform.
Change is the only constant in electronic trading. That’s why they are continuously upgrading its products and services and has recently introduced several new innovative trading, risk-management and analytical tools. All can be tailored to meet the demanding requirements of a global client base of more than a 100 buy- and sell-side firms, including many of the largest investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers.
The Java Developer is responsible for design, development, testing and support of new and existing software components for the company’s financial software products. The Java Developer would also be responsible for research and documentation of new and existing software functionality and technologies.
• Software Component Design
o Design software components using best practices and design patterns.
o Find creative solutions to design problems when existing solutions do not suffice.
o Analyze existing software design and detect shortcomings, suggest and implement alternatives.
o Provide feedback for software design of other teammates.
• Develop software components using best practices and design patterns
o Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick and easy integration of new components.
• Product and component testing
o Perform developer testing for all software modification
o Develop test plans for all software modifications.
o Work with QA to expand regression test plans.
o Execution of test plans before handing off for QA phase.
o Write automated unit tests.
• Client support
o Work quickly to resolve production issues at client sites.
o Work with clients to keep them informed of issues status at all stages.
• Document new and existing components
• Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our product or practices
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, equivalent industry experience acceptable
• Good understanding of Java, gained either at University or commercially
• Good understanding of fundamental OOA&D
• Familiarity with XML a plus.
• Familiarity with Solaris or Linux and Windows operating systems
• Understanding of Design Patterns and Unit Testing are a plus
• Well organized work habits with attention to detail
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Two years work experience in software development
• Contribute to group design discussions
• Gather software requirements and propose new ideas
• Install and configure test environments
• Help clients with upgrades and new installations
If you believe your experience and skill set is relative to this position please send across your CV to email@example.com